Sorting out my dust extractor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Well there was , I thought, a dust explosion in the extractor a few months back. Yet it still worked after the loud bang and all the lights tripping out! So I kept going, like you do ….. !

However after upgrading the circuit breakers feeding the workshop I discovered that every time I used the extractor they tripped ! So yesterday the extractor got opened up and lo and behold the RF suppression capacitors on the motor switches had both clearly blown., hence the issue. Today the replacements arrived and after. bit of soldering I can now use my extractor and the lights and lathe stay on !

I now have to replace everything I had to dig through to get to the extractor but on the bright side I found some tools I remembered ( vaguely I do admit 🤔) buying so I'm taking that as a win 😇.

Also the new breakers meant that SWMBO wasn't inconvenienced by all the house lights going out ( not my finest hour I can assure you all ) everytime I tried to find the fault in the workshop. So that's another major win 👍👍👍

I do admit the replacement capacitors were found by going through a very interesting catalogue and several other " essential replacement/ enhancements bits came alongside them 😇. Just off to replace the no volt release box on the metal cutting bandsaw which was another " get round to it ". NVR is fine but it's housing is badly cracked and as I use coolant it needs sorting.

I haven't had your problems but I did trip the house main circuit breaker from my small shop when I lived in Japan. Even before I could figure out what happened, LOML was yelling at me from the house! 😁

I haven't had your problems but I did trip the house main circuit breaker from my small shop when I lived in Japan. Even before I could figure out what happened, LOML was yelling at me from the house! 😁
Hank

I know and feel your pain !!!

Hence the house breakers got replaced to minimise my ear ache 🙏

Back
Top Bottom