Saturday is the day!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
under construction.jpg

Dawn (Pr_Princess) and Dean (AlphaGeek) have been working on this for months!!! At last, they think they are ready for the moment of truth.
They are projecting that the new site will be up and running by noon tomorrow. Please wish us luck!!!

We are really shooting for "exceptionally functional"!!

We have thousands of pen kit styles, thousands more pen blank styles. The challenge we are trying to solve is how to make it easy for you to find the ones that match your "wants".

So, it is up and running (with a few glitches, as expected) We can accept orders-it appears to be working fine for its intended purpose!!

Unusual as it is, we will not be shipping today or Sunday. Using this time to "tweak" whatever needs "tweaking"!
Thanks for your patience--we will be soliciting your feedback in a week or so, so note your comments so you can remember your first impressions! Again, our thanks for your help in providing a GREAT TOOL for your penmaking needs.

Ed & Dawn & Dean

We believe that the email that comes from the new site goes directly into your spam folder,

Check there, please.
Also our out-going email from Exotics does not seem to work

Dean is working on solutions--will keep you informed.

Thanks to all!!
Ed

No email. It's the fuzzy, ever changing captcha images, followed by a never ending loop to start over. Sometimes failed captcha. Sometimes seems to be success but looping back to restart.

Not losing sleep over it

No email. It's the fuzzy, ever changing captcha images, followed by a never ending loop to start over. Sometimes failed captcha. Sometimes seems to be success but looping back to restart.

Not losing sleep over it
Rick, can you send us an email telling us what you are doing that is asking for captcha - and screenshots to go with would be great? We'll take a look and see what we can do.

The new site is open and we are receiving new orders.

Several things will be "tweaked" in the coming week or two, but stop in and see if it is easier to find the products you want!!

Do use the search (upper right corner) as well as the filters (along left side) to narrow down the thousands of pen kits and
thousands of pen blanks (Never knew how much we had until Dawn and Dean started reorganizing everything---BIG JOB!!

Rick, can you send us an email telling us what you are doing that is asking for captcha - and screenshots to go with would be great? We'll take a look and see what we can do.
Used forum PM since Ed said EB outbound email not working and clicked reset password by accident.
Did you mean email to EB contact us address?

Used forum PM since Ed said EB outbound email not working and clicked reset password by accident.
Did you mean email to EB contact us address?
Site is not working for me. Trying to access via Safari on an iPhone 14. It just says it is unavailable and under maintenance

Site is not working for me. Trying to access via Safari on an iPhone 14. It just says it is unavailable and under maintenance
Thats strange, but it means your safari is still caching the old page. The best solution I've found for that is this:
Turn on AirPlane mode, refresh the page (to fail), then turn AirPlane mode back off, then refresh the page to get the updated version.

Thats strange, but it means your safari is still caching the old page. The best solution I've found for that is this:
Turn on AirPlane mode, refresh the page (to fail), then turn AirPlane mode back off, then refresh the page to get the updated version.
Working now

When I try to log in I get incorrect email or password. I click on forgot password and enter my email. Says it will send an email to reset password but I don't receive any emails, not even in spam.

I'm having the same situation as Monty. So far I have tried:
- Different Browser (Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge)
- Deleting all Browser History including Cookies, etc.
- Went directly to my email provider's Webmail site to insure EB emails were not going to spam.
- Created a new Google Gmail account and tried it - still no emails arrived from EB.

I will try again tomorrow. - Dave

PS It is 7-July-2024 at 3:55pm CST here.

I cannot log in either. My saved log on info was not an email, like it's asking for. To be honest though, I pay through PayPal, so I rarely actually log into wed sites.

Same here. Logon not recognized. SHOP did offer to let me in with my SHOP account, which then showed me my entire Exotic Blanks order history, so I guess I am connected.

Same here. Logon not recognized. SHOP did offer to let me in with my SHOP account, which then showed me my entire Exotic Blanks order history, so I guess I am connected.
Looking like the account info from the old site has not been moved to shopify - at least for me. Even an attempt to do a password reset fails. And a full mailbox search shows nothing.

edit - creating a brand new account worked and I /did/ get an email from shopify

Last edited:
Looking like the account info from the old site has not been moved to shopify - at least for me. Even an attempt to do a password reset fails. And a full mailbox search shows nothing.

edit - creating a brand new account worked and I /did/ get an email from shopify
That's good to know. I may try that tomorrow. - Dave

I'm seeing that my account has not migrated either. I'll send an email with my particulars

Woo Hoo. Forgot my password email with 6 digit code worked lickety-split this morning. No more grainy google captcha pics to choose the fire hydrants, stairs or bicycle images. I had to modify email server filters to allow @shopify.com email addresses instead of EB.com emails

Good luck with the fine-tuning process. Major website updates can be challenging.

I just read the description of how the new site works - no password, unique code needed each time - which is exactly what happened.

well crud, the fuzzy captcha selection images are back and the login seems to be creating a shopify account instead of EB account.

& email address cannot be changed (according to the settings)

1720441836660.png

Last edited:
That's new as of this morning. But for me it's name/password + email confirmation on every login. Can't say as I'm a fan of the extra step.

Well, at least my order history is back.

edit - anyone have a good way to save off your personal order history? Save page as and print page aren't working to get the data.

Last edited:
That's new as of this morning. But for me it's name/password + email confirmation on every login. Can't say as I'm a fan of the extra step.

Well, at least my order history is back.
I just tried it again. I just put in my email and password and it logged me right in, no extra steps for me. I'm using Safari on an iPhone 14.

I just tried it again. I just put in my email and password and it logged me right in, no extra steps for me. I'm using Safari on an iPhone 14.
4 for 4. Sign out then I sign in with email + password, then I have to add in the email again to get code.

And on the 5th time I kicked off the captcha check. But at least /that's/ fair - 5 logins in a row should trigger something.

Last edited:
Hi all.. going to try and answer a bunch of things. As you guys have seen, yes we are using Shopify. We were not getting password reset emails out for everyone even after getting emails attached to exoticblanks.com instead of Shopify (No longer need to whitelist Shopify for exotics!).

To get it working, we had to switch to the "code" instead of password method. Code emails ARE making it to email (basically instantly). So you guys can ignore passwords, put in your email (no password) and it should prompt for a code. Supposidly once it knows you shop won't ask every time for a code, but I've not verified that yet.

@Darios - if you want an export of history, send an email to sales@exoticblanks.com - ask for it and I can help them get you an extract.
@rixstix - same .. if you want your email address changed, send that request to sales@exoticblanks.com and Dawn can change it for you, keeping all your history.

If someone created a new email and wants to attach to an old, Dawn should be able to merge accounts as well.

If I've not answered your issue.. send email or tag me here.

TNX for everything. Y'all have a daunting task.

FYI, the 6 digit codes do come from a @Shopify.com email address
UGG... I'll look to see if that can switch. I'm working on updating the account pages to be exotics, will see if that follows or if I need to find another configuration.. Thanks for your feedback!!

Dean, Ed, & Dawn,

Things are working just as you described with the 6 digit codes. Emails do come in almost immediately.
Thank you for everything!

Dave

Just one more tip if you find this thread.. you do NOT have to log in. If you want to check out without, any orders that match by email address will get added to the same account even if you check out as guest.

Login is really only needed for the following:
* To make checkout faster (you can wait to login during checkout)
* To look up previous orders

my access works every time - no problem.
However I did find a problem when I clicked on orders all my order history have the wrong order dates. A bunch say may 14, then may 15, then may 16, etc, etc the last order which I just placed shows the correct date but all The others show wrong date.

Back
Top Bottom