New Blank Maker In The House

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

My wife wanted to try making a hybrid blank. This is her result, they look fantastic.

Attachments

• IMG_4773.jpeg
    IMG_4773.jpeg
    669.8 KB · Views: 120
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice! She's got a good eye.

I bought a couple of silicone molds and the big batch of Alumilite slow at the recent convention in Chicago. Need to convert some of the scrap maple burl I have laying around into blanks.

Very nice! She's got a good eye.

I bought a couple of silicone molds and the big batch of Alumilite slow at the recent convention in Chicago. Need to convert some of the scrap maple burl I have laying around into blanks.
Hybrids are fun to makes and in return make beautiful pens.

I don't know if it was intended, but I like the way the white serves as a demarcation point between the wood and the resin. I can't wait to see that on a pen. Is your wife planning to turn it, too?

I don't know if it was intended, but I like the way the white serves as a demarcation point between the wood and the resin. I can't wait to see that on a pen. Is your wife planning to turn it, too?
She's not planning on turning it. I do plan on making her a pen from one though.

Truly you are a lucky man !

Those look very interesting and crying to be made into a pen. How long are you going to let them cure for first though ?

Truly you are a lucky man !

Those look very interesting and crying to be made into a pen. How long are you going to let them cure for first though ?
Whether needed or not I always let them cure for a minimum of 7 days. I guess you can speed the full cure by putting them in an oven, but I've never done that.

Back
Top Bottom