Disassembly of 30 cal bolt action pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bzahn

Are there any instructions for disassembling a PSI 30 cal bolt action pen? I've never had to do one before, but a customer at the market took the tip off to see about how to replace the ink cartridge and put it back on wrong, so now the spring is half on and half off the tip of the cartridge and won't slide in and out anymore. I have a punch set, but since I can't remove the ink cartridge (jammed in by the spring) I'm not able to use the punch anyway; besides, I just need to get it out. I'm wondering if I can do it without ruining the spring. I don't have any extras of those. I appreciate any advice.
Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Are there any instructions for disassembling a PSI 30 cal bolt action pen? I've never had to do one before, but a customer at the market took the tip off to see about how to replace the ink cartridge and put it back on wrong, so now the spring is half on and half off the tip of the cartridge and won't slide in and out anymore. I have a punch set, but since I can't remove the ink cartridge (jammed in by the spring) I'm not able to use the punch anyway; besides, I just need to get it out. I'm wondering if I can do it without ruining the spring. I don't have any extras of those. I appreciate any advice.
Brian

Attachments

• IMG_20240725_105646617~3.jpg
    IMG_20240725_105646617~3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20240725_105719241~3.jpg
    IMG_20240725_105719241~3.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 30
Can't help with your situation. Good luck. Might be good to show a customer how to replace the refill.
A person told me to salvage springs from $$$ Tree pens and toss the leftovers,

Thanks to all who replied. I'm thinking the only way to fix this is to grab the spring with pliers and just pull and stretch it out, then find a replacement spring.

I just pulled the spring on out. It's ruined, of course, but I'll get a new spring for it with my next order and it'll be back in order. Thanks to all for suggestions!
Brian

Back
Top Bottom