Collet chucks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The following table was taken from (Precision ER32 Collets) and has been modified to shows the metric and fractional collets seperate to make it easier to see the overlap in clamping ranges.

Notice how the metric collets just cover the full clamping range where there is overlap with the fractional collets.

The 21 piece collet set from (ER32 Collet Sets) includes the collets in black and green. The collets shown in red are available seperately.

The 18 piece collet set from (er32 milling collets) only includes the collets in black. The collets shown in green show where the potential gaps will be.

attachment.php

This table is the result of my over thinking :rolleyes:, hope it helps someone else.

Here is my Excel file if anyone is interested View attachment Collets.xls. I'll make a PDF if you wanted it ...

Attachments

• Collets2.jpg
    Collets2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
WOW!

That needs to make its way into the library like immediately :biggrin: Definitely a few gaps in the fractional that are covered by the metric.

I'm a visual kinda guy and it takes something like this smacking me over the head to see what everyone has been saying already.

There is actually an advantage of the fractional set though.

If you have a rod that's really close to the bottom end of one size, it should be near the upper end of the next size down. Less compression needed to fit in the smaller size.

You don't really have that option on the metrics since the ranges don't overlap.

I try not to compress mine all the way, extremes tend to be bad for longevity. I will drop the rod in each as they go up in scale. I use the first one it fits into that I don't have to push.

Back
Top Bottom