My first Cocobolo.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

I love the colors on this wood! I know some don't care for slimlines and think they should be plain and straight, but I like doing them and using my imagination with them. I'm gonna do me a couple bullet pens soon as my uncle is gun enthusiast. For now, I'm having fun with these slimlines and learning alot from most of the members here. I appreciate y'alls knowledge and sharing! Thanks for looking!
Bobby

Attachments

• IMG_2977.JPG
    IMG_2977.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2979.JPG
    IMG_2979.JPG
    433.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Cocobolo is one of my favorites--i'm getting better at reading the end grains for anticipating colors, but it's still always a surprise!!
earl

Be careful with cocobolo. It is very hyperallergenic. I know. It got me.
Thanks but never had any problems with allergies in all my 59 yrs. Lol

Yep, that is what I said. Cocobolo will get you. Wear a respirator and shower after you are done. Throw your clothes in the wash. I'm serious.

Yep, that is what I said. Cocobolo will get you. Wear a respirator and shower after you are done. Throw your clothes in the wash. I'm serious.

He's not joking. I absolutely love Cocobolo. It's my favorite all time wood.
But I eventually developed a reaction to it after many years of handling it.
If you end up in the ER with a severe reaction, you'll surely wish you had taken more precautions.

And allergies to cocobolo extends to the other woods from the Dalbergia genus, the so-called "true rosewood" species, like Kingwood, Camatillo, African blackwood, Honduran rosewood,...

Well I will take heed my friends. I only had the one blank. If I get anymore, I will take safety measures for working with it. Thanks again!!
Bobby

Back
Top Bottom