Majestic in IBO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from itsme_timd

itsme_timd

Hi All,

Here's my latest pen, a Rodium and BT Majestic RB in Irish Bog Oak. I worked hard on the finish on this one and got a LOT of input from IAP members (THANKS!) on the CA/BLO finish. I still see places to improve it but am pretty pleased with the final product.

MajesticIBO.jpg

MajesticIBO2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Beautiful pen Tim . It really looks great in the IBO . The finish is great , CA/BLO is the hardest to master but well worth the time . Great photos also . The Majestic is my favorite pen , my everyday pen is a Majestic Jr in Lapis Tru-Stone .

Rudy Vey

Of all the wooden pens I make, IBO never gets finished with CA. I use Enduro or Unaxol on it, as someone already said, this wood has a great texture and i do not want to totally coat it in plastic. The water based finishes keep this texture.

itsme_timd

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments.

I do have a personal preference for the CA/BLO type finish on all woods. You can still see the distinct grain of the IBO but it has the smooth and slick feel that I like.

The pictures don't showcase the contrast in the grain very well at all.

altaciii

I have the kit, and have been waiting for the right wood to use. That pen really looks good and I have some IBO on order. Can't wait to try it. I can only hope it comes out as nice as yours. Beautiful work, good job.

Top Bottom