Looking for a good home

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mkemmet

If this post is inappropriate, please do not hesitate to remove it. I would appreciate your assistance. My son and I have recently finished our 22nd YouTube video for Penn State Industries (PSI). We have numerous woodturning tools and supplies used in the videos that cannot be sold by PSI as the packages have been opened and the tools used. With the support of PSI we'd like to donate the tools and supplies to an established woodturning program, preferably one for students learning a trade or one dedicated to the rehab of military veterans. Also, I will donate some of my pen kits and pen blanks. If you know of such a program, please email me for the submission form. Thanks, Marlen Kemmet, marlen.kemmet@gmail.com, retired woodworking magazine editor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Some ideas for you to consider that are in your backyard:

The Des Moines Woodworkers Association provides education for area woodworkers of all ages and skill levels, as well as opportunities to participate in community service.

I don't know for sure what all they do, but there is a Des Moines Art Center Veteran Workshop that might do something with woodturning.

The Des Moines Woodturners might also be able to point you in the directions you are seeking related to students and military.

Good Luck,
Dave

bugradx2

Try reaching out to James Smith from the Pensmiths. His user name is Racer3770 here on IAP. He's a teacher and does a whole unit on pen making with his classes each year with donated materials.

If I could figure out how to tag him in the post I'd do it...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This explains James Smith's project:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Top Bottom