Hello from Illinois

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TAC211

My name is Tom Carrico. I am now retired and was looking for a hobby. Tried the carving gig and was not me. Bought a lathe and enjoy the pen making. Cannot see me making money at it because 1) not good yet 2) keep making and giving away to friends and family. Hoping to find some new and creative ideas in this forum and thanks for letting me join.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

Welcome from Montana! Definitely the forum to be on for creative ideas. I haven't turned since 2012 and just started following posts again to get some of the ideas for when I retire in December.

Attachments

• 1562705083017.png
    1562705083017.png
    759 bytes · Views: 86

greenacres2

Welcome aboard Tom. I was just down your way a few weeks ago for the NASCAR Truck race in Madison. Stayed in Collinsville.
earl

JohnU

Welcome from a lot further North in IL. As someone very close to retiring... I have found many interests and friends here and can't wait to have more time to play with everything I've seen here that ended up on my "to try" list. If you look around, I'm sure you will find plenty to keep you trying and busy for a while. Congrats on the retirement and Welcome !

jeff_in_AZ

Hi Tom. Welcome to IAP from Arizona. Woodturning is a great hobby, glad you joined us.
You'll get better with practice. Also, if there are any clubs in your area, that would be a
good place to get feedback and tips. I also seem to give away most of the things I make,
but that's ok. They make great gifts and I had fun making them.

Top Bottom