Where to get veneer backer paper?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The title says it all. Typing 'veneer backer paper' into google hardly yields a thing. I'd like to find 30-40 mil if possible. Thanks for any leads.

EDIT: I've just learned applying actual veneer backer paper requires temps and pressures no achievable by a home practitioner. So what other ways can I take a raw veneer and make it flat using modified urea resin glue (arriving soon)? I've been told using a cheaper veneer as a backer works as well. Any other paper-like options out there?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The title says it all. Typing 'veneer backer paper' into google hardly yields a thing. I'd like to find 30-40 mil if possible. Thanks for any leads.

EDIT: I've just learned applying actual veneer backer paper requires temps and pressures no achievable by a home practitioner. So what other ways can I take a raw veneer and make it flat using modified urea resin glue (arriving soon)? I've been told using a cheaper veneer as a backer works as well. Any other paper-like options out there?
What are you trying to accomplish?
there is a mixture of water, glycerine and alcohol commonly used to flatten veneer (I don't remember the ratios). Saturate the veneer and then put it between layers of news print on a flat surface with a weighted board on top.
change the newsprint daily until Dry. It should then be mostly flat and flexible.

if you want paperback veneer it can be bought from the companies that supply Cabinet shops. You could possibly buy it from the cabinet shops as they would have some in stock.

Back
Top Bottom