Where can I find this? 1" Barrel Trimmer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jmbaker79

Hey guys, I once came across a 1" diameter barrel trimmer that fit standard pen mills. Think it was around $25. I have been looking for the last several minutes, and thought "IAP knows the answer." Cant remember the vendor, so if anyone has one, Id love to know where you got it, and how it was working out for you? Thanks In Advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
FWIW

After watching the video Ed made which showed trimming the barrel AFTER turning I'll never again trim before. You remove less material this way and it's MUCH easier and more controlled.

Also, just curious why you'd want a 1" trimmer? All that is important is that the surface of the finished pen is square (the area that the bushings cover), the extra material will just be turned off.

AK

FWIW

After watching the video Ed made which showed trimming the barrel AFTER turning I'll never again trim before. You remove less material this way and it's MUCH easier and more controlled.

Also, just curious why you'd want a 1" trimmer? All that is important is that the surface of the finished pen is square (the area that the bushings cover), the extra material will just be turned off.

AK

As far as why the 1"...Specific pen design you may have seen recently. Some of these are slightly over 3/4" and closed end. Therefore a 3/4" leaves a slight ridge around the edge where it didnt reach. I can always just use a 1" round sanding disc on the shaft...would like it just for convenience! I came across it at one time, and thought yeah that will work...And never have found it again...

Another reason has to do with trimming fat blanks. If the barrel trimmer hangs off over the edge of a blank at least a small amount, then the trimmed material can be ejected.

Back
Top Bottom