What Do You Do When Your Resin Is Getting Old

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

You make blanks. Resin I had on hand was getting about to this one year mark so I figured I better use it up. These were all Roble wood burl cut offs, stabilized. Next to segmented blanks, hybrids are my favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_4729.jpeg
    IMG_4729.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 69
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You make blanks. Resin I had on hand was getting about to this one year mark so I figured I better use it up. These were all Roble wood burl cut offs, stabilized. Next to segmented blanks, hybrids are my favorite.
That's a nice group of blanks. As far as resin getting old I've used some well over a year old. I'd use it until it's starts failing which hasn't happened yet. Now if it yellows, which I've had happen, I use it for color pours.

That's a nice group of blanks. As far as resin getting old I've used some well over a year old. I'd use it until it's starts failing which hasn't happened yet. Now if it yellows, which I've had happen, I use it for color pours.
I try to use it up before it gets much older than a year. It gets way more expensive when you throw it out.

Ok, I guess it is time for me to get my casting stuff out of the cupboard and use up some of my aging resin. Your hybrids are outstanding. I hope mine turn out as nice as yours are. (It's the first time for me to make hybrids). - Dave

Ok, I guess it is time for me to get my casting stuff out of the cupboard and use up some of my aging resin. Your hybrids are outstanding. I hope mine turn out as nice as yours are. (It's the first time for me to make hybrids). - Dave
Looking forward to seeing them.

Nice looking group of blanks. Green and blue are among my favorite colors to cast. I tend to do the same thing as my resin gets close to a year old. I attend MPG every year and always buy a fresh 2 gallon kit of Royal Palm from Stadium Pen blanks there so I know when MPG gets close it's time to get casting.

Back
Top Bottom