Trumpet straight mutes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RogerGarrett

RogerGarrett

Thought I would post pics of the trumpet mutes I've been turning. These actually play great and in tune. Very well received at the Adam Trumpet Fest held in Ellensburg, WA this past June.

Attachments

• 3 Mutes - Mahogany- Oak Walnut - ZW Paduk - Wenge.jpg
    3 Mutes - Mahogany- Oak Walnut - ZW Paduk - Wenge.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Blue Colorado Spruce Mute w Pakuk Caps - Frkn Mute Cap.jpg
    Blue Colorado Spruce Mute w Pakuk Caps - Frkn Mute Cap.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 31
  • Cedar and Walnut Mutes - redesign.jpg
    Cedar and Walnut Mutes - redesign.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 30
  • Frkin Mute logo.jpg
    Frkin Mute logo.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 24
  • GMP Cap in Zebrawood.jpg
    GMP Cap in Zebrawood.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Mahogany and Cherry straight inverted.jpg
    Mahogany and Cherry straight inverted.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 25
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
As a former (maybe still a little current) trumpet player who loved playing along to Maynard Ferguson - I am not a fan of mutes - who wants to muffle screaming trumpets. On the other side those look great. Congratulations

As a former (maybe still a little current) trumpet player who loved playing along to Maynard Ferguson - I am not a fan of mutes - who wants to muffle screaming trumpets. On the other side those look great. Congratulations
I can't resist

Most of the rest of the band would be ok with the trumpets being a little muted! Especially the trombone players...

You guys crack me up! These are high end mutes - my brother is a top tier player in Portland, O - has played in all the bands, the Oregon Symphony, the Columbia Symphony, the Mt. Jazz Festival, you name it - and he asked me to create one. He plays it all the time - it's a go to in his gig bag. Moisture from the trumpet doesn't bother it, and it has a warm, eich sound - not as bright as a metal mute. Our local music store, The Music Shoppe of Normal and the two other locations in two other towns carry the mute.

Thanks for the posts - always fun to share our work.

Back
Top Bottom