SWAT 2024

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmac

Well, SWAT 2024 is a wrap and in the history books. It was a great symposium as always, and in my opinion, one of the most outstanding gallery of art pieces in all the years I have been attending, some 20+ years. There is a YouTube video of the gallery by Billy Burt (The Messy Studio) for those that couldn't make it to SWAT. And the highlight of it all, I sold one of my German Smoking Figures, "The Beekeeper", a first for me.

Attachments

• German Smoker - Beekeeper2.jpg
    German Smoker - Beekeeper2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 34
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Cool. - You know, it would be hard for me to part with them. (My neighbor is a beekeeper. It's a great source for honey and foundation wax for plugging tubes). - Dave

Yeah, I saw him (Capt'n Eddie) there. He sat at the world wide woodturners table. Didn't get a chance to say hi, but he looked like he was doing better.

I would cherish the opportunity to meet Cap'n Eddie. I was blessed this spring though to visit with Dick Sing at the MPG in Chicago. What a rare treat. - Dave

There is a gentleman on World Wide Woodturners that makes smokers. His dio-ramas are impressive and he has a whole display case of them.

WWWT has a zoom meeting every Wednesday evening. Starts with a gathering about 6:30pm Eastern time. The meeting concludes at 10pm but many stay and bs into the night.

Back
Top Bottom