slimline ink refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

Is it possible to change the ink refill in an ordinary slimline pen with a schmidt one? The refill has a small plastic screw at the end and i have seen similar refills sold from schmidt but i am not certain if they fit, does anyone know the model?cheers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Mike

Your question is pretty generic - which slimline kit specifically are you asking about?

Most of the slimline kits I've seen have been described as using 'Cross-style' refills. 'Cross-style' refills refer to a refill design originated by Cross for their twist-style pens. In the broader sense, this refill style is classified in ISOm12757 as 'type C1'. See https://unsharpen.com/pen-refill-guide/ for a summary of this standard.
1651320670540.png

The Schmidt catalog does not list type C1 refills. I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere they Schmidt does offer refills in that format, but I can't find anywhere to buy them.

However, it is possible to purchase C1 refills made by Cross, Monteverde, and Schneider, as well as a number of anonymous Asian manufacturers.

MedWoodWorx

Mike

Your question is pretty generic - which slimline kit specifically are you asking about?

Most of the slimline kits I've seen have been described as using 'Cross-style' refills. 'Cross-style' refills refer to a refill design originated by Cross for their twist-style pens. In the broader sense, this refill style is classified in ISOm12757 as 'type C1'. See https://unsharpen.com/pen-refill-guide/ for a summary of this standard.

The Schmidt catalog does not list type C1 refills. I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere they Schmidt does offer refills in that format, but I can't find anywhere to buy them.

However, it is possible to purchase C1 refills made by Cross, Monteverde, and Schneider, as well as a number of anonymous Asian manufacturers.
Well i thought that since most slimline, 7mm tubed pens are similar, use the same refill. Its probably the c1 that you mentioned although i am not 100% sure, i could measure it with a caliper if that makes a difference.
I would like to upgrade my cheap dayacom refills with shmidt refills thats why i am asking. Thank you for your response, cheers

egnald

You might try Monteverde Cross Style Ballpoint C1 refills (USA). I don't know about their Cross Style, but I have been very happy with the Monteverde Parker Style refills.

Their (Monteverde) Cross Style refills are supposed to fit any pen that takes a standard Cross style C1 refill even though the Cross brand C1 refill length is slightly shorter than the official C1 refill standard and is slightly longer than the S.T. Dupont C1 refill (French Company).

Regards,
Dave

PaulWitmer

Mike:

As was mentioned above, I also am not aware of any Schmidt C1 style refills. I am happy with the Monteverde C1 refills that I use in my better slim lines.

Paul

penicillin

If you are looking for novelty, even Fisher makes a C1 Cross type refill. They are pressurized refills that work in zero gravity, like their Fisher space pens.

The problem with Cross / C1 refills (any brand) is that they don't hold much ink. They run out quickly if you write a lot.

Top Bottom