Wanted sleeves for wooden pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

i am looking for some synthetic sleeves (liners/sleeves etc) for wooden pens. To clarify: i need the inner tubes (cap and body as well as nib section) drilled and threaded so that i can use them to make finished wooden pens. If anyone is interested for a collab please send me a pm. I would prefer ebonite but i will settle with acrylics. I attach a picture i found in the forum just to make clear.
cheers, mike

Attachments

• lining.jpg
    lining.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm not aware of anyone that sells exactly what you are looking for, sleeves that are drilled and tapped already made from "synthetic" materials, but I Kate at Bullseye Turning Supply sells Artemis and Apollo Pen Kits which are essentially metal versions (Brass and Stainless Steel) of what you are looking for. They make them for both fountain and rollerball pens. - Dave

Mike; Rick Herrell makes many different things for pen making. I'm not sure how much the shipping would be to Greece, but he makes almost anything you could want and is a good guy to talk to. He has what I *think* you are looking for. He doesn't do any public advertising, it is just Ricks way of helping. https://www.penturners.org/threads/ricks-custom-made-tools-pdf-catalog.180009/#post-2220408
I know about rick, i ve bought some tools from him in the past but i dont have the time or the money to invest in taps,dies,materials etc.at the moment. Thats why i want to colaborate with a fellow penturner.

I'm not aware of anyone that sells exactly what you are looking for, sleeves that are drilled and tapped already made from "synthetic" materials, but I Kate at Bullseye Turning Supply sells Artemis and Apollo Pen Kits which are essentially metal versions (Brass and Stainless Steel) of what you are looking for. They make them for both fountain and rollerball pens. - Dave
Thats my second alternative if noone is interested. Maybe i am asking to much to buy ready made sleeves since this is more than half the job in bespoke penmaking. Anyway i just want to see if anyone is interested; i cant afford all the equipment as i mentioned in an earlier post and a collaboration would be great.

I can help you out if you need a few ebonite sleeves to play with, but I can't help in any production capacity. It would also depend on the size needed, and if I have the taps and dies needed to thread your sleeve size.

PM to discuss if you want to try this.

Thats my second alternative if noone is interested. Maybe i am asking to much to buy ready made sleeves since this is more than half the job in bespoke penmaking. Anyway i just want to see if anyone is interested; i cant afford all the equipment as i mentioned in an earlier post and a collaboration would be great.
I have not made the leap with specialized equipment yet either - in particular the triple start taps and dies for the cap. But have you seen the "Bespoke on a Budget" YouTube video by Robert "Bob" Blanford, RJBWoodTurner? He goes through the steps using relatively inexpensive tooling, like single start taps and dies and stuff. I'm sure that is how I will start when I get going, just to make sure I have the skills and patience necessary before I spend hundreds of dollars on specialized tools. Of course it depends on who the pens are for. If they are going to be sold to someone, then I think I would not use the "budget" tools and processes. - Dave

i am looking for some synthetic sleeves (liners/sleeves etc) for wooden pens. To clarify: i need the inner tubes (cap and body as well as nib section) drilled and threaded so that i can use them to make finished wooden pens. If anyone is interested for a collab please send me a pm. I would prefer ebonite but i will settle with acrylics. I attach a picture i found in the forum just to make clear.
cheers, mike
I just made my 1st wood fountain pen with sleeves . Refer pictures . I used a metal lathe to make them . I don't sell the sleeves . Can share how I made it step by step if you are interested. Please check exoticwoodpen on utube . Gabe Castro is a fantastic guy and very helpful too .

Attachments

• IMG_6156.jpeg
    IMG_6156.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6157.jpeg
    IMG_6157.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6158.jpeg
    IMG_6158.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6166.jpeg
    IMG_6166.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 27
I just made my 1st wood fountain pen with sleeves . Refer pictures . I used a metal lathe to make them . I don't sell the sleeves . Can share how I made it step by step if you are interested. Please check exoticwoodpen on utube . Gabe Castro is a fantastic guy and very helpful too .
Very nice pen; can i ask what taps as well as drill bit sizes you used? Cheers, Mike

Back
Top Bottom