Simple Shop Aid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Simple wooden tray holder, has a strip of wood on the bottom to fit between the ways. I actually made it so I didn't lose inlay pieces while working on a Band-It pen, but quickly realized it's also a great help when doing a CA finish and using micro mesh. It uses cheap food prep dishes that we already had. Keeps water off my ways.

Attachments

• IMG_4558.jpeg
    IMG_4558.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4559.jpeg
    IMG_4559.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 114
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
great idea... AI have used a bunch of things over the years. I have been using a to magnetic vent cover, you can cut them to size, but I like this. Great tip Ken!

Very Cool. I made a spacer the same height as my tool rest with magnets on the bottom to hold it down to the ways. Then I lay a small piece of particle board across the gap and cover it with a towel and my little plastic container for wet sanding. I like your idea better, but I find it too big of a pain to remove my tool rest to get it out of the way. - Dave

Very Cool. I made a spacer the same height as my tool rest with magnets on the bottom to hold it down to the ways. Then I lay a small piece of particle board across the gap and cover it with a towel and my little plastic container for wet sanding. I like your idea better, but I find it too big of a pain to remove my tool rest to get it out of the way. - Dave
Hard to see in my picture, but my tool rest isn't removed, just slid all the way to the left.

Back
Top Bottom