Simple Segmented Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

This is a very simple design, but I think it'll make an interesting pen. When it comes to segmented blanks, I'm all about symmetry. In this one each layer is .050 wider than the one before radiating out from the center.

Attachments

• IMG_4954.jpeg
    IMG_4954.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 46
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Well I don't think it's interesting enough to put on a pen. I just put in a pens plus finish to see the end result.

Attachments

• IMG_4957.jpeg
    IMG_4957.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 27
I would put it on a pen ! But I would also experiment with wood with fewer insect holes .
I zoomed up on the picture. I see what you are calling insect holes. That's just coloring in the wood. There are not holes or pits. It's as smooth as a babies bottom.

I don't have the pict of the pen of SkipRats, but he had one (or two?) that had symmetry in its progressive size increase. His symmetry was different than yours but your blank made me think of his.

Ahh Found them. Their progression ratio was a little different from yours, but I don't know what that was:

Last edited:
I don't have the pict of the pen of SkipRats, but he had one (or two?) that had symmetry in its progressive size increase. His symmetry was different than yours but your blank made me think of his.

Ahh Found them. Their progression ratio was a little different from yours, but I don't know what that was:

Those are awesome,leaps and bounds better than the one I made.

This pen is one of those that I have on my have to try list which has a few of his pens. Before I pass I want to cross a few of the ones I have on the list because they challenge me more. I hate doing basic pens. Just does nothing for me. Unless it is a special acrylic or piece of wood.

Back
Top Bottom