Rikon 10" Bench-Top Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
From the "I didn't really need this but I bought it anyway" department, I offer you my Rikon 10" Bench-Top Bandsaw (model 10-300). A couple years old, but maybe an hour total running time, tops. In fact it hasn't even been plugged in for a year.

For stability I mounted it on a piece of plywood with rubber feet, and I made a cutoff sled for it. The blade on it is still good, and I have a new 3/8" to go with it.

$180 picked up at my house in Westlake, OH.

It goes on Craig's List this weekend. I need to make room for the next thing I don't need.

Rikon10.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Jeff, I am looking for a small band saw specifically for cutting material down to size for pen blanks, does this saw do well on making long straight cuts with the 1/2" blade on it & a decent fence? If you offer free delivery to NC i will buy it now...lol.

I was debating between this one & the one that sears sells that I have been told is same unit with Craftsman colors on it & slightly cheaper than the Rikon.

Bill

Jeff, I am looking for a small band saw specifically for cutting material down to size for pen blanks, does this saw do well on making long straight cuts with the 1/2" blade on it & a decent fence? If you offer free delivery to NC i will buy it now...lol.

I was debating between this one & the one that sears sells that I have been told is same unit with Craftsman colors on it & slightly cheaper than the Rikon.

Bill

I don't recommend this for resawing. It's hard to get enough tension on these little saws to keep a wide blade stable. The frames are not beefy enough. For cutoff with a narrow blade, or curvy work in not too thick stock, they're fine.

Thanks for tip- info may have saved me some cash & dis-satisfaction, I guess it's time for the Grizzly 14" Ultimate band saw then....

Back
Top Bottom