Polishing with a Dremel?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I was browsing YT and saw one that spoke of polishing with a Dremel tool and felt wheel. I thought that running a blank on a low speed and applying the wheel and abrasive would work. Anyone tried this? I might experiment as I have a couple of synthetic blanks to try.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I was browsing YT and saw one that spoke of polishing with a Dremel tool and felt wheel. I thought that running a blank on a low speed and applying the wheel and abrasive would work. Anyone tried this? I might experiment as I have a couple of synthetic blanks to try.
Dremel rotary tool? I think you will not like it. That set up is good for metal as posted. Last I used was for the inside of a stainless ring core.

I personally cannot see it working on a turned blank. But please experiment

I used a dremel with the largest buffing wheel I could put on it to build up coats of Renaissance Wax on a pipe stand I made. It did what I wanted by building heat and layers quickly but the small wheel design requires a very light touch and very quick movement to get a consistent, even finish.

A buffing wheel would have worked much better, much quicker but I did not have one available at that time.

Back
Top Bottom