Pen Tray

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from budnder

budnder

Not sure what the correct name for this is... a block that has a scoop out of it to hold a pen. My wife's cousin was getting married and I thought I'd do an "irish" pen for her, as that's my wife's family's origins. Then got to thinking about how I was going to package it, and thought, shoot, I'll just make a little desk cradle for it. Then figured it should be engraved, then the pen turned into a set of pens, then figured they should somehow be matching. Anyway, a little something spiraling into more than I was originally thinking.

The pens are cholla filled with aluminite, mixed with a little green dye and a few green mica powders.

The tray block is a section of Hickory limb that came down a few years ago that I latex painted the ends with and let dry out. Bark is soaked in CA to hopefully keep it in place/in tact. Whole thing was designed in Fusion and milled on my CNC. Engraving was filled with finely ground coffee and resin. Tray block was finished with Natura Onecoat. Whole thing is about 7 inches wide, 4 inches tall, and about an inch think. Four felt feet on the bottom (didn't get a pic of that).

Attachments

• 4W7A0384.jpg
    4W7A0384.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 4W7A0386.jpg
    4W7A0386.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 4W7A0390.jpg
    4W7A0390.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 4W7A0396.jpg
    4W7A0396.jpg