Pen instructions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I print off the instructions for reference for each pen which has basic information to start. I highlight the bushing number and bit size plus I add the replacement tube number and the length of the tube. I check the tube length while trimming to length. All this saves looking at the chart every whip stitch. Not a computer expert but stumbled on the setting to print both sides. 🤓 I keep the instructions in a hanging file in alphabetical order.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Me too. I'm in the 3-Ring binder group. I also save the .pdf in a folder on my computer. For some of my favorite kits, I create my own instruction sheet with step-by-step instructions and pictures, along with the bushing dimensions, drill bit sizes, and assembly steps, etc. I find that on some kits the standard instructions have a long way to go -- especially when it comes to matching grain patterns on jr types when closed and when the cap is posted. - Dave

PS I have my 3-Ring binder tabs color coded for various types of pens and I use the same color coding on the labels for my bushings and kit storage drawers. For example, Stick, Sierra Styles, 7mm Slims, Jr. Gents, Bolt Actions, Basic Styles, and Fancy (themed) Styles.

Dave

I put the kit instructions in alphabetical order. I do it quietly so my wife doesn't hear me chanting the alphabet song. The forum has a lot of information on the spec's for kits and I even printed that and have a separate folder for Woodcraft as it's my main supplier...for now.

I'd like to throw in a plug for the IAP Bushings & Tubes app. It has instructions for almost every kit and I do my best to add new kits to the database as soon as possible after they come out. I take my phone with me anytime I go to the shop, so I have any instructions I need at my fingertips.

The iOS version of the app also has the ability to add user notes to any kit.

Back
Top Bottom