Pen Hardware Finishes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

@ed4copies, kudos for all the different finishes available on your EB cigar pens! I love having choices. For any that missed it, they are all on sale this week. See below for finish options.

Are there plans for other finishes in the Diamond Knurl "sierra" style kits? EB does seem to add finish options more often than other brands, so I thought it was worth asking. I know that one of your competitors has quite a few finishes, but I still can't find anything in a satin gold. I'm not sure who else would be interested in this, but a gold variation of the chrome/satin chrome combo would be nice along with a plain satin gold offering.

1725891259793.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks, Todd.

YES, we intend to continue to add to the diplomat, our pen that is very similar to the sierra.
Of course, expanding a line is expensive, so we tend to do it slowly. Meanwhile, we will also
be adding a few new pens, also very similar to competitive pens that are experiencing a
whole lot of price inflation. We hope to be able to market them at far more reasonable
prices.

Thanks for noticing !!!
Stay tuned for additional economical choices.

We are always open to suggestions!

I am really glad to see a pen with a lot of plating options, especially the precious metals and more valuable metals. For a while there, pen plating options, at least those that seemed to be available for purchase, on higher end pens seemed to dwindle to chrome, ti-gold, gunmetal, silver, and maybe some things like copper and brass (often weathered/antique). Oh, and hardite...whatever that is.

I much prefer to buy pen kits with quality precious metals or coatings like black titanium, platinum, rhodium, 18k gold, rose gold, etc. Hopefully these precious metal platings will continue to make a comeback.

I am really glad to see a pen with a lot of plating options, especially the precious metals and more valuable metals. For a while there, pen plating options, at least those that seemed to be available for purchase, on higher end pens seemed to dwindle to chrome, ti-gold, gunmetal, silver, and maybe some things like copper and brass (often weathered/antique). Oh, and hardite...whatever that is.

I much prefer to buy pen kits with quality precious metals or coatings like black titanium, platinum, rhodium, 18k gold, rose gold, etc. Hopefully these precious metal platings will continue to make a comeback.
I know this is hard to believe, but a plating like "platinum" or "black titanium" can more than double the cost of the pen set. And, of course, we have no way of knowing if it really IS the stated material! Even in industry, "plating houses" have been known to lie. So, we are reluctant to believe manufacturers that we have not worked with, in the past. So, we pass up the "too good to be true" offers from "new" sources.

YES, we intend to continue to add to the diplomat, our pen that is very similar to the sierra.
Awesome! I forgot about the Diplomat. I was thinking of the Diamond Knurl ballpoint kits, but either way, satin gold is a niche that could be filled. I'm afraid to think of how much it must cost to get a new finish established, but maybe you can corner the market. ;)

Back
Top Bottom