Pen Comparisons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

I see that there are many of us with websites out there in cyber land. I have sold a few pens there, but often get the question of size in relation to other pens. How big is the El Robusto (Presidente) in comparison to the El Grande, etc. I don't often see size comparison charts though. I have emailed this photo to a couple of customers and they thought it helped. I haven't uploaded it to my page yet as I have added several styles of pens lately and have not had a chance to update them. Also, the Robusto shown here has been abused for a couple years now. It is my beater. The white pens are for sure the hardest to turn :D.

Just thought the photo might spark some creativity and good conversation. Also, I will likely line the pens up on the bottom of the image for reference.

compare.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice collection of pens. I had tried that with someone cause they were curious of different sizes but I laid a ruler next to them also so they could see the actual length.

Very interesting... it's a man that's coming up with a size chart...[:D][:D]

How much are you selling the white pen for? I'd love to buy that one![:)]

But seriously, it is a nice way to compare- some of these kits I've never seen before, so it's really helpful to have the perspective. Shows me I probably wouldn't like an el robusto!

Just out of curiousity (and my love of purple!) what is the el grande made out of?

Ang,

That purple is the Berea #AA-31. I get it from BB. Be sure to darken the tubes. Also, the bic is not for sale. That is my daily carry. Like others have said. I can't afford my own pens.

Thanks for the comments from all.

Fangar

James: Great picture. Thanks. With the exception of the cigar pen, none of those kits are ones that I have made so seeing the picture is very helpful!!

When I first joined IAP I made a post suggesting that someone do exactly this type of photo to help new crafters gain familiarity with the different kits that are available. At the time nothing happened. I am glad that you have posted this picture and hope that others who have a large library of pens will follow your lead. Posting pictures with rulers for scale is fine; but your idea of including the "white" pen is, IMO, the best way for folks to get real "feel" for the sizes of the pens!! Good job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom