Other mechanical pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I was looking over the pencil info in the resources section. Generally, I always see pentel pencils used. I get it, they are quite popular and reliable. In this thread, it shows a Staedtler Mars Technico having been customized also, which piqued my curiosity again. I've looked around in the past at other brands/styles that might work for a custom barrel and today I just found the UniBall Kuru Toga mechanism, which is quite fascinating to me. Rotating lead? Hmmm. The one I linked to seems to have a weak point on the barrel that people complain about. To my thinking, that indicates an opportunity for easy disassembly and barrel replacement. Here's a picture from one of the reviews on Amazon.

1720461128030.png

I also noticed that one could purchase mechanical pencil components and just build around them. While I have lots of ideas, I hardly have time to act on many of them. Hopefully this will stir someone else's imagination and curiosity as as it did for me. As always, if someone does anything with any of this info, I'd love to see the results.

Back
Top Bottom