older family issue/question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Just curious,

is there some sort of service that someone could call if an elderly person fell but isn't injured? Right now, if they don't call someone like me (who often can't come if I'm at work or the like), they have to call the paramedics....Is there some sort of 'halfway' - a support worker service or the like?

Anyone know of anything like this, or agencies that I could direct them to inquire with, in Canada?

You wonder if there are any retired or part-time nurses that you could contact to see if they were willing to get a call for a certain cost. It might benefit both of you.

I know my brother-in-law's mother-in-law is a retired nurse and would love to serve older people like this.
You might be able to find a local church that would have some retired nurses that would be willing to be on call.

Also, there seems to be places like this www.nursenextdoor.com that offer in home, on-call care.

Last edited:
I used to work in a nursing home and currently work in hospice. Another service you could utilize would be home health (nursing/CNA visits). I know it's not someone you call in those instances, but they do provide services split up during the week and may have more connections to help out with.

Back
Top Bottom