New set of Wine Glasses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TellicoTurning

I like to work with wine glass bulbs and set them on wood stems... had a pretty good run this summer with my collections... this is the latest... 8 oz (guestimate of size) set on Bloodwood stems.

Second photo is a slightly smaller bulb mounted on Ambrosia Maple...

Third photo is a set set on Blue and White Spectraply and when sold the buyer was headed back home to Uganda with them... she's an ex-pat that works in Uganda with her husband.

And the last set was a set of Margarita glasses set on Orange and White spectraply... figured the Tennessee Vols fans would snap them up... might have if Tennessee had had a winning season... :cool:

Attachments

• 40-1515_0.jpg
    40-1515_0.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 40-1512_0.JPG
    40-1512_0.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 40-1293_1.JPG
    40-1293_1.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 40-1480_1.jpg
    40-1480_1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Now that is a blooming good idea. I love em. Good job of turning also. I assume the glass stem is recessed into the wood for a short distance.

Thank you for showing.

Bob.

This has been on my bucket list for a long time. Really like all of yours. The draw back for me, I would plan on using them, not selling, would be the dish washer would ruin them. Still a little rinsing wouldn't hurt.

Nice work. I'd never see the Spectraply used for this before. The blue and white really looks nice.

Very nice. I like the ambrosia maple set the best. BYW, where do you get the margarita glasses. I can find the wine sets, but not the margarita ones. I guess I could cur off regular margarita glasses, but I'd rather find the kits.

Very nice. I like the ambrosia maple set the best. BYW, where do you get the margarita glasses. I can find the wine sets, but not the margarita ones. I guess I could cur off regular margarita glasses, but I'd rather find the kits.

I use regular margarita glasses and cut the stems off with a dremel with a cut off disc... you can just touch the stem where ever you want it to break, hold it there about 3 seconds and it will drop off... the "kit" glasses at CSUSA are just regular glasses that they have cut the stem off and charge you $4 +/- each.

Beatiful work!! Now my question... did you buy the glasses with stems and break them off or can you get stemless wine glasses?

I use regular wine glasses... where ever I can find them at a reasonable price... this weekend the wife wanted to stop in at a Ross store... found 3 sets of wine glasses on sale that worked out to about $1.50 per glass.
You can buy the stemless bulbs at CSUSA but my way is cheaper.

For Bob, I have about 1/2-3/4 inch of stem recessed into the wood stem.

Back
Top Bottom