New Pen Making Aid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

My wife got me this cool little blower for my upcoming birthday. The hype says "you will not believe how powerful this little blower has". I wanted it to blow off pen blanks. The hype is correct and I'm super happy with it. You have my word, this thing has serious blowing power. I like the portability of it. It'll be very useful in my shop.

Attachments

• IMG_4678.jpeg
    IMG_4678.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 119
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very cool looking piece of kit. A little pricey for me, otherwise it would be handy at the lathe.
You got me scared, I had to go look at what she paid. It is a little pricey, but I'm glad she bought it. Seriously, I can't figure out how this little fan puts out out the air it does.

Nice! I got one of these - Ryobi P738 - that works very well for my turning habits (especially getting the shavings and chips out of deep vases and hollowforms). I already had several battery packs for the One+ system so it made sense for me.

Very Cool. I've been looking at something similar that uses my Makita 18V battery system, but so far I haven't pulled the trigger. Maybe I will have to take a look at the one you got. I really like the compact size. - Dave

I bought a nasal aspirator bulb from CVS. Air compressor could fill a remote tank to eliminate the noise; check Harbor Freight or the big box store. Have seen an adapter to use an propane tank as long as it is in good condition.

OK I have to ask. WHY? what is the need for this? Blowing dust around in a shop is not wise. If woodworking compressed air is more direct. Just curious.

OK I have to ask. WHY? what is the need for this? Blowing dust around in a shop is not wise. If woodworking compressed air is more direct. Just curious.
Blowing dust off of pen blanks. Getting it out of the nooks and crannies before finishing. This little tool or compressed air, no difference.

Back
Top Bottom