New 3D Printing Toy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I have to share this here because I know there are several 3D printer here.

I have been spearheading bringing large format 3D printing into our manufacturing facility over the course of the last two years and just took delivery of first large format printer. It is a custom built machine built right here in Wisconsin about an hour and a half from our plant. We now have the ability to print 2.85mm filament material as well as pelletized material with nozzle diameters ranging from .8mm up to 4mm. Our print capacity with this machine is approximately 60"x60"x40" tall. The overall footprint of this machine is approximately 10'x8'. This has been one of the most exciting days I have had at work in a while.

PXL_20240813_195732077~2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
What are you planning to print with it? I worked at a shop that considered something a little smaller than this to do castings with.

What are you planning to print with it? I worked at a shop that considered something a little smaller than this to do castings with.
We are a heavy gauge thermo former and we will be printing patterns for our cast aluminum tooling as well as prototype samples and some of the fixturing we use on the production floor.

This was custom built to our specs but the vendor has a standard size that prints about 40" square and he said that one will fit inside of ours if you take the penthouse off the top lol.
OK, tweak your specs... Keep the penthouse, add the playroom add the hot tub... šŸ¤£ All kidding aside - awesome built and I hope it meets your needs.

Back
Top Bottom