My first Hybrid Hybrid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska. This is my first Hybrid (blank) Hybrid (kit).

The blank is a hybrid that I bought from Dawn and Ed at the MPG in Chicago this year. I don't know the species for sure, but I am 99% certain that it is an Australian burl. The components are a hybrid of a Gunmetal Magnetic Graduate with a Gunmetal Diamond Knurl Rollerball cap and clip with a custom cabochon made from the little surplus end of the blank. Both kits use a 12.5mm tube for the cap so I used a Diamond Knurl Rollerball cap bushing and replaced the Magnetic Graduate cap and clip assembly with the Diamond Knurl cap and clip. I think this is my favorite pen so far. I really like the Magnetic Graduate except for the cap-clip assembly. I think the Diamond Knurl Rollerball's Cap and Clip design compliment it nicely. It is finished with GluBoost.

This is one time that I wish I could just buy some of the component parts instead of an entire kit because I would like to make more of these.

Here are the pictures:

IMG_4581 Cropped.jpg

IMG_4571 Cropped.jpg
IMG_4572 Cropped.jpg
IMG_4573 Cropped.jpg

IMG_4574 Cropped.jpg
IMG_4575 Cropped.jpg
IMG_4576 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
A great pen, sir!
I strongly agree about the graduate clip, which is a real dud. I do like much better the Executive pen kit. Also magnetic. It has a hard rubber section that I like. And the cap is very short, which is a benefit for fountains with a smaller air volume inside the cap.

Wow, that's gorgeous, Dave.
Thank you Derek.

I'm really anxious for Dawn and Ed to post more of their hybrid blanks up for sale. I'm down to only 2 left from the batch that I bought at MPG in Chicago this spring. Now that I've seen how they look in person I know how amazing they are -- the pictures of the blanks that are posted online just don't do justice to how amazing they really are. I've been holding back some of my allowance every month in case they put some more up for sale. I got an email from Dawn back on July 11 that said they will be listing more on their new website.

Dave

Thank you Derek.

I'm really anxious for Dawn and Ed to post more of their hybrid blanks up for sale. I'm down to only 2 left from the batch that I bought at MPG in Chicago this spring. Now that I've seen how they look in person I know how amazing they are -- the pictures of the blanks that are posted online just don't do justice to how amazing they really are. I've been holding back some of my allowance every month in case they put some more up for sale. I got an email from Dawn back on July 11 that said they will be listing more on their new website.

Dave
You're not the only one anxiously waiting for the hybrid blanks

Thank you Derek.

Dave
Good call.

I also buy'em from William Wood Write in Canada when they go on sale. They usually have really nice ones in stock, too.

Toss in the favorable exchange rate, and it offsets the shipping costs.

Good call.

I also buy'em from William Wood Write in Canada when they go on sale. They usually have really nice ones in stock, too.

Toss in the favorable exchange rate, and it offsets the shipping costs.
Ooooh. I've only bought kits from William Wood Write. I will have to check out their blanks. Thank you. Dave

Back
Top Bottom