Mushrooms

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

The one thing I'm actually allergic to... going to make a bit of these for the show next month. Last time they sold well. Need to get a different species of tree though... these are from a Siberian Elm Branch.

What do you all think? thinner stems? bigger hood? Thinner hood?

Attachments

• Mushrooms 1a.jpg
    Mushrooms 1a.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Mushrooms 1b.jpg
    Mushrooms 1b.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 73
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The one thing I'm actually allergic to... going to make a bit of these for the show next month. Last time they sold well. Need to get a different species of tree though... these are from a Siberian Elm Branch.

What do you all think? thinner stems? bigger hood? Thinner hood?
Did you mean to attach a pic?

Those look great! I'm actually turning a set of 4 mushrooms that will be attached to a live edge board for display. I am using poplar for the stems and spectraply for the caps but I think I like your method with the live edge better

Those look great! I'm actually turning a set of 4 mushrooms that will be attached to a live edge board for display. I am using poplar for the stems and spectraply for the caps but I think I like your method with the live edge better
Thanks... this really just a guessing game on these mushrooms. I'm going to go back into the woods tomorrow and see what I can cut off. The greener it seems the better.

Mushrooms vary so much in real life that I don`t see the need to standardize hoods or stems . The live edges add a lot of character . I would go with a range of different wood species .
Yea... I'm going hunting tomorrow for other species in that back woods.

maybe flatter head but , as has been said , you get infinite variety of size and shape . Go with what you feel but leave a reasonably wide base or they're unstable

those all look good and the cross is a weeping one, got to be a pastor somewhere wanting one of those !

Back
Top Bottom