Medical Care Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Humongous

Humongous

My daughter is a Labor and Delivery nurse and wanted a new pen. Since she is exposed to many yucky things in the course of her work, we decided that a plastic blank would work best as it could easily be sanitized. She picked out a DiamondCast "Festival of Lights" from McKenzie Penworks. This is the first time I've used a DiamondCast blank and they are spectacular, this one was back painted white. Its very hard to show in a photo the sparkle, I tried one inside and one outside in the sun.
The kit is the Berea Medical Care Kit. I picked up a couple of these during their sale, not a Schmidt mechanism but it seems pretty robust and makes the old time "Click". It's styled to look like a syringe and my daughter said they even have the heart wave on the center band correct.

Thanks for looking, comments and critique welcome as always.

20240630_122100.jpg

20240630_121658.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Really nice job. Very thoughtful gift.

Yes, DiamondCast blanks are notorious for not being nearly as spectacular in photos are they are in real life.

Woodchipper

Nice. My daughter in an NP; made one for her a while back. Unique design...wish I had thought of that. Medical people like the click as it is a one-handed operation.
derekdd, thanks for the remark on Diamond Cast blanks.

Top Bottom