Looking at a WEN dust collector from Lowe's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

WEN 50-Gallon Dry Dust Collector with Polyester Filter

Item #5134010 |
Model #DC1300
Decent price of $350 but only fly in the soup is nothing about the micron specifications. Good ratings. Anyone had experience with it? TIA.
Edit: Found it is 5 microns.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think WEN is a decent brand. I was looking into their dust collector and then my dad got me a Grizzley for Christmas. But the WEN was on my short list

The Wen looks a lot like the Jet & Grizzly collectors. I'm guessing most come from the same factory with different labeling.

You may want to abandon the 5-micron bag filter and add a pleated canister filter that filters down to 0.3 microns. I have had one of these for 15 years and it works great. I got one made with (I think) polyester instead of paper - this allows me to occasionally wash the filter with a hose.

I have a smaller version of this, it works well enough but seems a bit under powered from my needs. It is a good product though, I just need more power and that I my fault for choosing the smaller one. This category of WEN products is worth it.

The Wen looks a lot like the Jet & Grizzly collectors. I'm guessing most come from the same factory with different labeling.

You may want to abandon the 5-micron bag filter and add a pleated canister filter that filters down to 0.3 microns. I have had one of these for 15 years and it works great. I got one made with (I think) polyester instead of paper - this allows me to occasionally wash the filter with a hose.

1. How does the filter fit the unit?
2. Where did you get the filter?
Thanks.

1. How does the filter fit the unit?
2. Where did you get the filter?
Thanks.
I bought directly from Wynn Environmental (the company attached the link above for). They sell adapter rings to mount the canister filter to the dust collector, but I watched some YouTube videos and made my own adapter out of Plywood. Here's an example video:

Some filters come with an internal dust agitator (it spins on the inside of the filter and knocks dust out from in between the pleats - the dust then drops down into the collection bag. Here is a video about one of those filters:

I also built my own agitator out of some scrap pieces of copper pipe and some stiff plastic sheets.

Back
Top Bottom