Latest projects (pentel and staedtler mars technico)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aguynamedglitch

Two on the left are pentel p205 (padauk and indian rosewood), two on the right are staedtler mars technico 780C (padauk and olivewood).
It doesn't really come through in the picture, but the top half of the staedtlers are octagonal, tapering into round at the end.
Should've made the barrel smaller to get the clip on, but they fit my hand better as is.
4 pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice job. I've thought about converting my drafting pencils. How did you get the body off and how did you attach the wood body?
It actually wasn't as bad as I thought, but you can't get the plastic off without damaging the plastic tube.
If you pull really hard, the aluminum will separate from the plastic. I held the plastic down (it houses the spring) with an alligator clip and used a dremel tool to cut away the plastic about 1 centimetre up from where it's press fit (don't go too far, or you'll have too much play in the spring. I want to try even more modification, but that's a later project).
A 7mm OD 6mm ID tube works perfectly to fit inside the aluminum grip and over the thumb clicker. You can either leave a bit exposed when you attach your blank, or trim right down to leave a bit of a tenon. Go until it fits, and that's about it.
I wasn't able to find any other staedtler modifications online (which sucks because I love the pencil but hate the plastic), so I had to get creative.
Good luck!

Your pencils look great. I converted one of the Staedtler 2mm pencils once or twice. It's been a while but it seems to me I used a heat gun to separate the pencil. Like you, I just had to figure it out the best I could as I went.

Attachments

• first 2mm conversion.JPG
    first 2mm conversion.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom