Kia Ora from New Zealand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DickVeitch

I have been turning pens for last 30 years or so. Usually not more than 20 a year. Always a regular slimline model. All given away to friends, associates and visitors. Now I have challenged myself by promising to make several hundred pens in the coming 15 months. I will be searching this forum for helpful tricks to make better pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have been turning pens for last 30 years or so. Usually not more than 20 a year. Always a regular slimline model. All given away to friends, associates and visitors. Now I have challenged myself by promising to make several hundred pens in the coming 15 months. I will be searching this forum for helpful tricks to make better pens.
Hello Dick,
I do some production turning of slimline myself and the key is organization. I will do rack phase one at a time. I'll set up and get 20 blanks ready to turn. First, cutting them to length and numbering them, then drilling them, gluing in the tubes and finally trimming them to size on a lathe based sanding system of my making. Then I turn and assemble each pen one at a time.
Jeff

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP community. I envy all of the wonderful and amazing timbers there are in your part of the world like Kauri, Tawhero, Rewarewa, and Australia's Hairy oak. - Dave

Back
Top Bottom