Just another bandsaw sled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Lynch

Hi everyone,

After finally getting a new motor for my band saw I felt I needed a sled as well.This is what I came up with.The base is 3/4" composite shelving material with a track guide of the same material glued to the bottom using titebond3.I scavanged an old mitre sled and positioned the backer on center of the cut line.Drilled a hole for the pivot pin to rest in and another for the hold down nut.It gives me 120 degrees of pivot in 1 degree incraments.

Attachments

• DSCF2406.jpg
    DSCF2406.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 899
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Neat idea, i love the sled on mine, you can do some real nice cuts with it that you otherwise would not be able to do. I will have to incorporate your style onto mine. How are you going to stop the blade from running into the miter gauge. On mine i have a block glued on to wood fence high enough so it hits the blade guard which stops the forward movement. Nice idea on yours. carl

Dale Lynch

The mitre gauge makes contact with the knobs keeping it from running into the blade.Perfect for inlay work.If I wan to go deeper I just use some sacrificial lumber.

philipff

Can you tell us about the smoothness of the cut edges and what blade you are using? Could we see a pen or two that you made? Thanks, Philip

Dale Lynch

Can you tell us about the smoothness of the cut edges and what blade you are using? Could we see a pen or two that you made? Thanks, Philip

It cuts as smooth as a bandsaw can I guess.I'm using a Olsen 1/2 6tpi blade.I'm working on a blank now 14 inlays with at least 10 to go.we'll see how it turns out later, I got to finish up a flash light first.

Top Bottom