ISO Click Style Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I am looking to make a couple pens for my physical therapists and I believe they both prefer click style to twist style pens. I have a couple questions regarding these pens.

1> In your experience what are the best kits for click style pen. I'm looking for something that will not wear out in a couple weeks or months type of thing.

2> I haven't looked yet and I will but, I remember someone asking about an emblem for, I believe, Physical Therapist. Are there any kits or blanks that would be fitting for that profession that I could use that you know about?

Thanks for any information,
Kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like the EDCs. It's an 8 mm tube and is longer to show off more of the blank. It has the SKM mechanism as well. The inlay blanks fit the Sierra style kits and I'm not sure if they're long enough for the Sierra Clicks. If you decide to try the Groove Kit they have several custom clips available for Slimelines.

I have reached out to Kallenshaan Woods about making a 'custom' version of their Nurses inlay kit that replaces the "R" and the "N" with "P"
and "T".
I have also had a PM from a member that I will reply to about making a custom custom blank for me.
I will keep in touch when I when I get an update to share.

As far as the recommendations about the kit itself. Is Grove or Groove the name of the supplier?

PT is part of the healthcare industry. Knee replacement by a surgeon and then PT. If they wear scrubs, they are in the HC industry. Only other option is the caduceus clip for a Slimline. Not a lot of options for a PTist.
Edit: check with Ed at Exotic Blanks for a suitable blank.

Michelle Bagley at Drop Anchor Creations has a physical therapist blank. For the one I made, I asked Michelle to add my PT's name to the blank. I paired it with a McKenzie Pen Works Liberty click which uses the aforementioned Schmidt SKM192 all metal click mechanism.

Apologies for the poor photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 52
Ahh yes... The eternal "what is the best click pen" question. I've been asking that for a while and haven't settled on one yet. Most of my family likes them and for various reasons I've not found one they really have liked yet.

I've used the Groove a couple times this spring, it does use the Schmidt click mechanism which is why I was drawn to it. No comment on the longevity of it yet as it's only been a month or two. It is basically on an 8 mm slimline frame

I've also tried a couple Long Clicker pens this spring. Same statement on longevity/testing. It's on a 3/8 frame. Not sure on the click mechanism as it's encased but I will say the click is "stout" for lack of a better term.

My son has made an EDC for himself and likes it but has been afraid to lose it at school so it lives at the house and therefore gets limited use.

How about the Berea Blade? It uses the Schmidt SKM-88 and has a nice long barrel to show off your blank.
I'm happy with my Duraclick EDC also. I certainly have not tried all of the clickers yet, but I actually use a Compson quite often. I like the weight and size of them, but they do still use the plastic clickers.

How about the Berea Blade? It uses the Schmidt SKM-88 and has a nice long barrel to show off your blank.
I'm happy with my Duraclick EDC also. I certainly have not tried all of the clickers yet, but I actually use a Compson quite often. I like the weight and size of them, but they do still use the plastic clickers.
I forgot about the Blade in my post. Exotic Blanks has been out of them and therefore wasn't on my radar. The clicker on the Blade is "smooth" vs some the other clickers feeling more "mechanical"

Back
Top Bottom