Input on Harbor Freight Chop Saw?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mac

No I bought the big one 14'' on sale for $49 bucks. Works good.
It is about 8 or 9 years old and I use it on anything that will fit under it.

CaptG

Hi Cav., I have one and I love it, for cutting brass tubes, ONLY brass tubes. I do not think it has the strength to cut blanks for segmenting, maybe if you have a lot of patience. It has a 2 inch dia. blade, so arbor and washers subtracted to give cutting depth, about 1/2 to 5/8 dia. material is pushing it. Hope this helps.

DotDoc

I bought one a whiole back. I find that it has trouble cutting blanks, soft or hard. It was great for tubes and that is what I now use it for. It binds as it goes into the blank. I do not think the moror is strong enough for blanks that are very thick 3/4" or greater.

cbb007

I had the PSI version and killed it cutting acrylic blanks, it lasted about 4 months. It did a beautiful job, but acrylic was just too much for it. Cutting only wood, it might have lasted 8 months.

Then I bought the HF version and I use it ONLY for brass tubes.

For brass tubes the PSI does a much cleaner cut than the HF does, IMHO.

snyiper

Purchsed one on off ebay great shape ran great would not cut anything! May do a finger but wood na no power. Now for 39.00 HF has a 6" I believe Im looking at this one a bit more than.09 amps!

leestoresund

Li'l Orange

I got one. It cuts tubes great.

If you turn your blanks round and drill them on the lathe it does a good job of cutting them with or without tubes.

The clamp will hold up to about 1/2" but it will not cut thru a Sierra blank in one pass.

I paid $23 at the store

Lee

bitshird

Cav, I looked at one when I bought my Jointer, I think better blades might help I know the people that made my Milling Machine also offer a 2-1/2 inch blade, I may buy one and experiment. still have 7 & 3/4 fingers left plus my 3 thumbs :eek::biggrin:

GaryMGg

Cav,
Glad to see you already decided not to go down that road.
However, as a general suggestion -- it's usually better to buy used off
your local Craigslist than to buy new from Harbor Freight.

Top Bottom