I wrote a book!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Amihai

There is a business concept, which says that a company from a curtain field should promote activities from the given field in order to increase its own sales. a good example will be car firms promoting motor sport events.

In my case, at the Facebook page dedicated to my pens, I post from time-to-time poetry which I have written myself or translated. While obviously written at the computer text editor and not using pens, I think the message and the encouragement for people to write themselves is the important factor here.

Several months ago, I decided to take things one step further and write a poetry book of translated medieval poetry (which along with its lyric music, is my favorite genre). I translated all the poems myself using a third language (English) translation between the original writings (in languages which I don't speak) and my own Hebrew translation.

The result is a book which incorporates not only the translated poetry, but also short texts which give some historical context on the writings, as well as Spotify codes which the reader can scan in order to listen to the musical performance of the pieces in their original language. Quite a revolutionary concept, I think! The book is now going through edits, and I hope to self-publish it and start selling copies next month.

Wish me luck! Below is a digital mockup similar to what the book will look like. The drawing is from Codex Manasse.
Amihai Fishman.

Attachments

• MOCKUP.png
    MOCKUP.png
    842.1 KB · Views: 42
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That's something to look forward to....... seeing the completed work.

I know some folk who struggle using English as their first language never mind it being your third one.
Hope this is all very successful for you, Amihai.

Congratulations and best wishes with your venture. I know the satisfaction of publishing a book that you've poured your heart and soul into.

Back
Top Bottom