• $3501.00-$5000.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of your dang business

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dpstudios

How much, on average, do you spend each year on supplies (kits, tools, materials, first aid, & etc.) on this (craft, art, hobby, obsession, whatever you call it) that we do?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Ok, I'll tell BUT on one condition,DO NOT tell 'wifey' or else this will be my final expendite for the year and for all time.

2005 total = $2,345.21 CAD just ask my spreadsheet[:D]

Hi,

Spent close to $1,500. I'm starting so a lot of tools and the rest is probably first aid [:D][:D][:D][:I]

But i should add that the way it's going, i'll double this for 2006 (but not the first aid part)

Note that my wife don't have acces to this site [}:)]

Alfred

My first year was a killer but after that I've settled down! Over $300 this year and it is only January - but that was a Wolverine set up and new grinder! Ain't life grand!!! And I have a hubby that has put up with me for nearly 46 years![:D][8D][:p][}:)]

Thats a toughie since last year was my first year, but it was probably in the 2k-2.5k range. Unless you count the new lathe that hasn't arrived yet (but paid for it last year) then we are talking in the 4k range. I think you can call this an obsession [}:)]

Dont' have a clue. Only been turning for 3 months.[:0] I would estimate that when my year is up this October it will pass $4000.[:(] On top of that I've only sold about $400 in pens.[:(!] A long way to go and a short time to do it in.[:D][:D]

I've probably spent close to 5K since April of '05 and as near as I can figure I made almost that`much in sales for the year....Somethin just ain't right there....lol. But I've had fun, made new friends and got a bunch of cool new tools I didn't have before!

You guys spend way more than me. I was feeling like I spend too much on this hobby. Now I need to go buy some more to catch up with the rest of you. LOL. If I spent the same amount on woodworking as the wife spends on shoes I'd have the nicest shop in town.

Greg

Originally posted by HuskyDriver
If I spent the same amount on woodworking as the wife spends on shoes I'd have the nicest shop in town.

I try to compete with my wife's shoe shopping, but every store in town carries those &%^$#%$ things, whereas I have to order in all of my <s>wants</s> needs.

I'm getting ready to do an early retirement. I have always been told that once you retire you have no money for anything. SO I have purchased my major tools that I will need and the small stuff will not be a problem. That is what put the line item to the forth mark.

ken
slippery rock, pa

hmm...just started...dont want to know....the pile of invoices on the desk looks like its around $3500.00. Perfect ratio for my $100 in sales.
Glad this is a hobby for profit thing.[:D][:D]

Last year was my first and I spent close to $5K... and like someone else I already had most of the tools. [:0] I bought a couple of scroll chucks, but the rest was mainly wood, blanks and kits. Hopefully I can settle down some this year since I have a pretty good stock pile.

I spent about $1,700 between July and December last year. I expect it will be pushing $5,000 this year. Actually I hope it's alot more than that because that would mean I'm selling a lot.[:D]

Just realized that I started this poll & never replied..oops.
Last year-about $4000. This year is going to be much more because of that b%#(h Katrina. Totaled my shop & alot of my tools & jigs. Oh well. Nothing like starting off with all new toys.

When I got into this hobby early last year I told my wife that I could make all of our Christmas gifts for 2005. I did make most of the Christmas gifts and she was kind enough to point out that my amortized cost per pen is still in the $100+per pen range.

What are you nuts asking a question like that in a forum where our wives can read the truth... do you actually expect to get an accurate answer... [:p][:p]
I will be nice though and tell you Yes.... it is between $0 and $5000

Originally posted by Thumbs
<br />Ugh! I have to be near line number 3, maybe even higher! And I already had most all the tools........[:(]

That's because you live next door to Grizzly... [:p][:p][:p]

OMG.....I have to say that I seldom buy ONE of anything anymore, it's usually in 10's....so yeah....I watch the exchange rate carefully...... so get the idea..somewhere between 3-5k.....and I may be short on that and soon as I get those Fanger pin chucks and some of Anthony's nibs......Somebody Stop Me!!!!
[;)][;)]

The 5 to 15 is from Jul 05 till end of year. I've already spent over5 this year and I've not worked up a sweat yet. My hubby says he won't tell me No so I guess I'm in good for now.[:D][:D][:D] It's good to see another Lady wood worker(Miss Bev). We are an extremely small minority. But, I must compliment the gentlemen of this Org. for their willing acceptance. You Guys ROCK!!!!!!![:I][:D][:I][:D]

It's great to have the support of your spouse. Mine supports my habit endlessly (almost). When I had a motor failure on my lathe, I was looking for a replacement. She told me to just go buy another lathe and we'll worry about replacing the motor later. She likes buying me "care packages" from Bill Baumbeck. What a woman! [:D]

TOO MUCH! I won't post it here cause my wife may see how much I spend. Turning is an addiction. Thought of starting "Turners Anonymous" group......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom