Hello from PA!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cscasper

Joined a while ago when I started doing pens. Mostly lurked at the time and then had a break from woodworking for a bit. Starting to get back into it, and just finished up a handful of Sirocco's today. Started as a pandemic hobby and have kept at it with some fits and starts. I still have no idea what I'm doing but noodling things out as I go.

I started making rather nice lockpicks with scraps I had from cutting down down pen blanks. I also do a bit of blacksmithing, leatherwork, 3D printing, etc. Just finished my first sword last month and still finishing up the leather wrap for the scabbard this weekend

Attachments

• axe01.jpg
    axe01.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 40
  • knife03.jpg
    knife03.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 40
  • pens01.jpg
    pens01.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 38
  • pens02.jpg
    pens02.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 43
  • pens04.jpg
    pens04.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 49
  • picks01.jpg
    picks01.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 49
  • picks02.jpg
    picks02.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 35
  • picks03.jpg
    picks03.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 41
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Joined a while ago when I started doing pens. Mostly lurked at the time and then had a break from woodworking for a bit. Starting to get back into it, and just finished up a handful of Sirocco's today. Started as a pandemic hobby and have kept at it with some fits and starts. I still have no idea what I'm doing but noodling things out as I go.

I started making rather nice lockpicks with scraps I had from cutting down down pen blanks. I also do a bit of blacksmithing, leatherwork, 3D printing, etc. Just finished my first sword last month and still finishing up the leather wrap for the scabbard this weekend
Nice work . Welcome to the pen world

Casper; Welcome. Be sure to checkout the "resources", "IAP Library" area. Lots of good info there. Also you can look in the "Members", "Member Map" to find local pen makers.

Where in PA are you? I am near Harrisburg PA. Our local Woodturning club meets on this Tuesday at the Woodcraft in Harrisburg.

Welcome from NC!
Nice work on everything. Is that a desert ironwood handle on the axe?
Ayep. Japanese axe head, Japanese body shape. Minus some cheating with the lathe to round the handle, all done with applicable hand tools. With ironwood, it took a while. Same with the knives. Interesting and educational from historical perspective, but learned to really hate both designs.

Casper; Welcome. Be sure to checkout the "resources", "IAP Library" area. Lots of good info there. Also you can look in the "Members", "Member Map" to find local pen makers.

Where in PA are you? I am near Harrisburg PA. Our local Woodturning club meets on this Tuesday at the Woodcraft in Harrisburg.

Ooo, nice! What time?

I'm over by Reading

I'm impressed with all items.
Parents lived in reading about 50 years ago. I have a photo of a pheasant nest in their rose bed.

Hi Casper, Nice work!! What is the kit in the pic showing 9 pens?

Hi Casper, Nice work!! What is the kit in the pic showing 9 pens?

Field Click from Turner's Warehouse. Best click I've found for a reasonable price. $9 now, but I snagged a bunch at $7 something. Manager is the other kit I use a lot.

Back
Top Bottom