Hello from Northern Kentucky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello Pen Turners,

Thank you for allowing me to become a member of your group. After reading some of your posts (even with the ads!) I knew I found a forum that appreciates pen turning as much as my Dad. Unfortunately, we lost him last November (2023.)

Most importantly, he is the father to 2 daughters, 4 sons and 1 grandson.

Dad was a Navy Vietnam Veteran, serving 2 tours. As a proud Vet he was a member and once Post Master at Lawler Hanlon VFW Post 5662.

When back home he became an Captain engineer/officer on river boats/barges on the Ohio and Mississippi rivers. Afterwards, he started building custom cabinets out of his shop. As he got older he downsized to his garage to turn pens, other wood pieces and resin work.

His inventory (yes, I am exaggerating) suggested he would live forever! I wish I had more pictures of pens he turned but, he gave most of them away!?! Most recipients offered to pay and family/friends told him to sell them online at sites like Etsy. He always said it was just a hobby he wanted people to enjoy.

I am posting his pen turning inventory on the 'for sale' portion of the site. The inventory includes pen inserts, outer hardware, blanks, brushing pieces and other stuff. Whoa… all new terms to me! He turned his own resin work, pepper mills, bottle stoppers, etc. Because I might not know what I am posting !!!PLEASE!!! let me know if I post anything that is not related/allowed to this site. I will take it down immediately. The pictures will be numbered and quantities available. All items available in lots or individually. I will start posting items slowly to ensure I can keep up with orders. So, please check back weekly. No machinery is available because my brothers (woodworkers too!) claimed the tools for their own use. If there is something specific you are looking for I can always ask them if we have it and how much.

Please check out the inventory our family is posting. My user ID is Denise@Tom's Estate. Almost all items will be 25%-50% less than retail plus shipping via USPS. Shipping prices will vary depending on order sizes (calculated before payment.)

If you have any questions or want more information about an item please message me. I will respond w/in 48 hours.

Thank you all again for having me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Echoing Hank (leehljp) posted. I can certainly identify with your dad, especially regarding his "inventory". I think mine is big enough to support multiple generations. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is as much of a collector as a penturner. There are a bunch of really good folks on IAP so I'm sure your available stuff will find new, good, homes. - Dave

Echoing Hank (leehljp) posted. I can certainly identify with your dad, especially regarding his "inventory". I think mine is big enough to support multiple generations. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is as much of a collector as a penturner. There are a bunch of really good folks on IAP so I'm sure your available stuff will find new, good, homes. - Dave
Thank you for you post in my sale! When I saw that question about PM... I had no idea! Keep in touch! More postings soon! First round was a learning curve! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom