Have you joined IAP recently? - Would you like to get PITHed?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

This is an invitation for a relatively new member of IAP to have an unscheduled and impromptu PITH with me. For members that haven't had the opportunity to participate in a PITH yet, or may not even know what it is yet, PITH stands for Pen In The Hat. It is basically a pen swap between a couple of members. It is a fun opportunity to make a little closer connection with another IAP member. And usually, but by no means obligatory, pen blanks, kits, and other stuff often accompanies the pens. So, as the title indicates, I would love to have a PITH pen exchange with one of the more recent IAP members that haven't had the opportunity to experience a PITH exchange yet.

Of course there are always some conditions associated with a PITH. Here are the four that I have for this one:

First, I live in Nebraska, so this is only for members that live in the USA that are within reach of standard Priority Mail from the US Postal Service. (I apologize to our international members, but postage to anywhere outside of the US is usually prohibitive).

Second, I would like to have the exchange completed in three to four weeks so things don't get drawn out too long. Of course this can vary depending on a mutual agreement. (For example, if you need to order a kit or blank or something, you might need a little more time).

Third, This is not really a condition, but a fair warning, I will be glad to receive a pen of any type and style you decide to make, however, I have no experience making fountain pens of any kind - especially the really cool kit-less ones, so your pen from me will be made from a kit or a modified kit and it will be a ballpoint, fiber tip, or rollerball type pen.

Fourth, and finally, since there may be a lot of you, but there is only one of me, I can only do a single swap this time, so the PITH swap will be between me and the first member that replies to this thread accepting the offer.

Afterwards we can either communicate through this thread for exchanging general information or through the PM (Private Message) system which is nicer when exchanging more private and sensitive information such as for sharing mailing addresses. (If you haven't experienced it yet, the PM system is accessed by clicking on the "Start conversation" link that can be found at the bottom of posts).

I hope there is some brave new member out there that is interested because I really enjoy sharing pens and making closer connections with other IAP members.

Regards,
Dave

I'm interested in a pith, but am still setting up my turning shop. Maybe if you have another in a month I would be game. Or if willing we can set it up with a later delivery date and you could do one with someone else in the meantime. Know I have zero pen turning experience, but have turning experience. Just let me know I'm very interested though.

Back
Top Bottom