Greetings from the Mojave Desert (California)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mojave Green

Hello everyone. Thank you for having me. I started turning pens back in 2016. I started my obsession with fountain pens when I was younger and later began refurbing them. One of my buddies I was stationed with in Japan made me a pen in swap for some jewelry when I was making stuff. I knew as soon as I found out you could make pens at home, I needed to pick up this hobby. So, I picked up a cheap harbor freight lathe and been loving it since.

I do kit pens and present and making custom graphic cast blanks. The military people here at work love them. But I have been checking out your closed end and kitless pens and decided that I want to head down that path. So I might hit some of you up in your threads with questions.

Here are some pics of the last turn. It's an antique brass dragon twist on black and gold trustone.
Thanks again for having me.

Attachments

• P9070002.JPG
    P9070002.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 43
  • P9070006.JPG
    P9070006.JPG
    253 KB · Views: 43
  • P9070004.JPG
    P9070004.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 41
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome to the group, I hope you have a wonderful time here. I have to say I love the Dragon pen kit very much, but yours just takes it to the next level. I know getting that marble effect isn't the easiest cast, but in this kit perfect choice.

Welcome to the group, I hope you have a wonderful time here. I have to say I love the Dragon pen kit very much, but yours just takes it to the next level. I know getting that marble effect isn't the easiest cast, but in this kit perfect choice.
Thank you very much. I look forward to comparing notes and ideas with you all. And that trustone was my first successful assembly of that stuff. I refused to work with it for years after snapping several blanks while assembling. I did some homework and it worked finally. Thank you for the complement.

Back
Top Bottom