Grateful Dead theme suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hertzogcraig

My wife's friend wants a Grateful Dead themed pen. I'm thinking of just making a tie dye style blank or tube casting something, outside of that, I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The Tie-dye would certainly work. How far do you want to go with it? A steal your face logo on the finial should be fairly easy on a Jr. If you do decals, you can't go wrong with dancing bears. The possibilities with poly clay are endless, but that's a pretty niche thing that not many people do.

The Tie-dye would certainly work. How far do you want to go with it? A steal your face logo on the finial should be fairly easy on a Jr. If you do decals, you can't go wrong with dancing bears. The possibilities with poly clay are endless, but that's a pretty niche thing that not many people do.
I've done no finial work but I'll look into this. How do you do them? I did download some pics this morning for label casting, including the dancing bears. Also, not familiar with poly clay, what would I do with that?

Last edited:
Yeah, dancing bear stickers are what immediately came to mind. layer that on a tie dyed blank and you're golden.

Here is a pen I did several years ago.

I've been a fan since the 70's. This:

1721073134546.png

Here is a pen I did several years ago.

Love the pen and that tie tac is awesome

I really appreciate everybody's help and suggestions. This is the first one I did, I have a few more blanks ready to go. And yes, I know there is an issue with this one. This one's gonna stay at home lol. I didn't realize I was using the wrong bushings until I was putting the pen together lol

Attachments

• IMG_1078.mov
    34 MB
My wife's friend wants a Grateful Dead themed pen. I'm thinking of just making a tie dye style blank or tube casting something, outside of that, I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions?
Here's another appropriate Dead Head blank :
I'm a serious fan. Have 2 rare albums released on MGM Records when they were signed to Warner Brothers. They were recalled. Vintage Dead and Historic Dead. Took me years to find them. Check out this blank.

Here's another appropriate Dead Head blank :
I'm a serious fan. Have 2 rare albums released on MGM Records when they were signed to Warner Brothers. They were recalled. Vintage Dead and Historic Dead. Took me years to find them. Check out this blank.
That is really cool.

Back
Top Bottom