Got my laser working, here are some samples.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

A few samples of my tooling marked with my new fiber laser...

This is my Offset Sanding Jig
IMG_9610 (Large).JPG

Here's what the bottom of my tool posts will look like, sorry about the focus...
IMG_9611 (Large).JPG

Here's what the outside of the posts will look like, it was hard getting a good photo with all the shop lights...
IMG_9613 (Large).JPG

I'm having a blast learning how to operate my new toy, endless hours of watching You Tube instruction videos are in my future.:):):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice I cannot wait to retire I have a Diode Laser and enjoy the heck out of it, slow but it does the job so far and I would like to upgrade to a fiber but for now this works fine.

Nice Rick, I am getting to place an order, but will be a few weeks. Looking forward to having the logo.
The things i have purchased from you so far are great.

Mike

I recently got a Mecpow X3Pro engraver. Foolishly, I thought I would read the instruction manual and go right to engraving pens, coasters, just wooden art pieces. The possibilities seemed endless. Then reality struck. The comment about watching hours of YouTube videos is no joke. After a few weeks of doing just that, I have been successful at turning the damn thing on! Granted, I have been able to produce a few inferior pieces, but I find myself constantly referring to my notes just for basic operations. It's going to be a long learning curve. I have plans for Christmas gifts, but it may be next year's or the year after's. Frustrating but still fun.

Frustrating but fun is a good way to put it Lew, although as a tech challenged senior I find it quite a bit more frustrating than fun. :) :) :)

Nice I cannot wait to retire I have a Diode Laser and enjoy the heck out of it, slow but it does the job so far and I would like to upgrade to a fiber but for now this works fine.
This what people say about me.

I recently got a Mecpow X3Pro engraver. Foolishly, I thought I would read the instruction manual and go right to engraving pens, coasters, just wooden art pieces. The possibilities seemed endless. Then reality struck. The comment about watching hours of YouTube videos is no joke. After a few weeks of doing just that, I have been successful at turning the damn thing on! Granted, I have been able to produce a few inferior pieces, but I find myself constantly referring to my notes just for basic operations. It's going to be a long learning curve. I have plans for Christmas gifts, but it may be next year's or the year after's. Frustrating but still fun.
I have the same one and tried to use the free software LaserGRBL but it was more of a pain so I downloaded the trial version of Lightburn and with a background in CAD I picked it up pretty easily. If you are on Facebook there are several good sites that are very helpful and youtube is also a great learning place.

I'm a big fan of lightburn software also. It's pretty powerful and intuitive. I clicked on the "extend my trial" a few times and got about 60 days out of it before buying a copy. I n my opinion it was a good bang for the buck. - Dave

I have the same one and tried to use the free software LaserGRBL but it was more of a pain so I downloaded the trial version of Lightburn and with a background in CAD I picked it up pretty easily. If you are on Facebook there are several good sites that are very helpful and youtube is also a great learning place.
I too found the GRBL software not really very useful so I bought the Lightburn after a couple of weeks of free trial. Learning it is a different matter. With no background in CAD, I find the program hard to grasp, but as you say there are tons of videos on how to use it. It's just a matter to me of watching, taking notes and then applying what I learn. I am known for exaggeration, so the original post was a little overboard. As I said, though, I do like learning something new and challenging.

I too found the GRBL software not really very useful so I bought the Lightburn after a couple of weeks of free trial. Learning it is a different matter. With no background in CAD, I find the program hard to grasp, but as you say there are tons of videos on how to use it. It's just a matter to me of watching, taking notes and then applying what I learn. I am known for exaggeration, so the original post was a little overboard. As I said, though, I do like learning something new and challenging.
Try this video it may help alot.

Back
Top Bottom