Going round the "twist"!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NGLJ

Experimenting with various modified slimline "twist" designs right now using my CNC. My latest is Pacific Yew and red Alumilite. See attached.

Attachments

• twist3.jpg
    twist3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 57
  • twist4.jpg
    twist4.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 56
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I make similar style pens, no CNC required, just a table saw.

Attachments

• IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    775.6 KB · Views: 23
Hi Graham

Nice pen.

Before you joined the IAP, there was a maker who did pens similar to this. He passed July 4, 2008.
Have a look at https://www.penturners.org/threads/iap-collection-pen-34.132143
Eagle called this series the Wave.
Have a look at his pens; his username was ctEagleSC.
you'll probably find some interesting ideas.

As we used to say, NPGJ.
Thanks for the link. I get many great ideas here from other people's creations. One of the great things about "woodworking" is that there are limitless possibilities, limited only by one's imagination and skill. That is certainly true when it comes to making pens. Woodworking is in quotes because these days many "makers" use non-traditional "tools" such as CNC, and laser, and use materials other than wood. The term "Maker" is very appropriate.

You try something new and suddenly realize that it is just the start of many possible variations, and that many "prototypes" are needed to perfect your idea. I don't tend to lack for ideas but when I see some of the wonderful creations here I know that my "skills" need some work! There are so many very talented people who are IAP members, who graciously acknowledge and encourage the lesser work of others. We are all on a "journey", some of us at the very beginning, and others a long way down a road that we wonder if we will ever travel!

I make similar style pens, no CNC required, just a table saw.
Nice pen. We all make use of the tools with which we feel most comfortable. There are many ways to make "similar" products. How others do it is an "aha" moment, from which we can learn. If you have never said to yourself, "how did they do that" then you have not been paying attention!

Nice pen. We all make use of the tools with which we feel most comfortable. There are many ways to make "similar" products. How others do it is an "aha" moment, from which we can learn. If you have never said to yourself, "how did they do that" then you have not been paying attention!
That is very true

Back
Top Bottom