GluBoost Hurts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Yikes. I just glued a piece of paper towel to my finger with thin GluBoost and wowie it got really hot before I got the lid off of my acetone jar to get my finger dunked in. I think it burned my finger pretty good.

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Yikes. I just glued a piece of paper towel to my finger with thin GluBoost and wowie it got really hot before I got the lid off of my acetone jar to get my finger dunked in. I think it burned my finger pretty good.

Dave
Is why you should wear nitrile gloves when finishing with CA or Glu-Boost. Glue the gloves, not your fingers!!

Nitrile gloves? I tried that and it was clumsy at its best. About like threading a needle while wearing boxing gloves.
As for heat, I toss used paper towels on the floor and discard later. I have been known to drop them in a soup can with water.

Nitrile gloves? I tried that and it was clumsy at its best. About like threading a needle while wearing boxing gloves.
As for heat, I toss used paper towels on the floor and discard later. I have been known to drop them in a soup can with water.
I get my nitrile gloves from my neurosurgeon. Same as he uses when operating. They fit like a second skin.

I just rip that off. Losing a layer or two of skin is better than burns.
No need to 'rip it off' and damage your skin. Simply keep a bottle of the BSI un-cure / debonder on your shop bench. A little bit goes a long way and it will soften up the CA enough to allow you to remove the glue and whatever is stuck with it, off your skin without damaging your skin.

You can get it on Amazon and it's worth having:

No need to 'rip it off' and damage your skin. Simply keep a bottle of the BSI un-cure / debonder on your shop bench. A little bit goes a long way and it will soften up the CA enough to allow you to remove the glue and whatever is stuck with it, off your skin without damaging your skin.

You can get it on Amazon and it's worth having:
I used CA as a finish for a few years before finding out acetone cleaned it off, and most of my ripped off paper towel incidents were from then. Now I have a little bit different process which generally keeps my hands glue-free, but have a bottle of acetone on the shelf by the lathe in case.

Back
Top Bottom