Found the Cherry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

We discovered that the Cherry was from a tree that fell in the storm at the old cemetery. So, we got as much as possible before the slope was too steep. We totaled 46 blanks of various sizes.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 50
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 45
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 46
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 46
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 46
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 49
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
what do you use to seal the ends?
Anchor Seal. We bought 5 gallons in 2018 for $120.00 and have done hundreds of bows... a second time if twice turned. And have only used about 1/4th of the container. Not looking forward to the price when it will need to be replaced.

Thanks very much for the info. I have a couple logs in drying in the garage that I need to get something on. I also have a standing cherry trunk in a good friend's treeline that is mine if/when I want it. Prior to taking that down I want to make sure it's treated correctly when I go to start drying it. I may have to see how many pens or cutting boards would be involved to let me air dry it in a corner of one of the barns too.

I have some Anchor Seal but have heard of woodturners using plain ol' latex paint. An outlet store had loads of paint for practically nothing.

I have some Anchor Seal but have heard of woodturners using plain ol' latex paint. An outlet store had loads of paint for practically nothing.
I've seen where guys have tested Anchor Seal, latex paint, watered down wood glue....etc. The best results were anchor seal. Besides, It washes out of clothes better than the paint will. ;)

Back
Top Bottom