Finally got some knots to work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phil K

Phil K

I'm new at turning, and just started trying knots. After several blow outs, I finally got the glue right and these are the first I did worth showing.
IMG_0155.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like what you did. They came out very well and precise. Is that a Sierra vista on one and a standard Sierra on the other? That would explain the 2 different size inlay materials from what I see. Or did you use 2 different size blades? Thanks for showing and am sure there will be more to follow.

I like what you did. They came out very well and precise. Is that a Sierra vista on one and a standard Sierra on the other? That would explain the 2 different size inlay materials from what I see. Or did you use 2 different size blades? Thanks for showing and am sure there will be more to follow.
Those are both PSI Gatsby grand. One is 3mm segment and the other is 2mm.

It appears you have cracked the code and broken a basic rule of Celtic knots. How in the world did you use two different widths of infill material, yet both turned out? Did you use different saw blades?
That was my question to him which he basically said he used 2 different size infills. But I too think he either had to use 2 different size blades. I questioned the size of the kits but he said both the same.

The only thing I can think of is he cut all the way through on all his cuts and he used whatever size infill he wanted. I never tried that but am guessing it can work because you are building all cuts with same thickness. Hope he answers because I too am curious.

I think it looks like each pen has one size, the one on the left using a thinner material than the one on the right. Of course my eyes may deceive me.

Back
Top Bottom